This slow cooker Italian meatballs recipe is a very simple recipe that is wonderful to make for when company comes over, or just for a family dinner. It’s minimal prep, and cooks while you run errands.
These are more of a dense meatball and the sauce is perfect for ladling over whole grain pasta or brown rice. Basically, this is a quick and easy way to make spaghetti and meatballs without all the hassle that usually ensues when making non-slow cooker varieties.
Because this busy mama is all about quick, easy, clean meals!
MORE HEALTHY MEATBALL RECIPES:
SLOW COOKER ITALIAN MEATBALLS RECIPE:
Slow Cooker Italian Style Meatballs
- Slow Cooker
- 1 ½ lb. ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (fresh is best)
- In a large mixing bowl, knead the turkey together with the spices.
- Roll meat into 22, walnut sized meatballs, and place in a single layer in your slow cooker (Mine was a 5 quart).
- Pour the tomato sauce over the top, being sure to cover the meatballs well and evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese across the top and set the slow cooker to low heat for 4 hours.
- Serve over pasta with a little extra parmesan cheese.
- Note: These are a fairly dense meatball. You can add finely chopped mushrooms to the mixture to soften them up a bit. About ½ to 1 cup should be fine, and you'll get more meatballs out of it to boot.