Shrimp. It’s nearly impossible to not like those little buggers. Versatile and great with almost anything, shrimp are a fantastic way to get some protein.
I always purchase my shrimp in 1 pound frozen bags. They are pre-cooked which just makes life easier in my book. Plus, I don’t have to worry about having to eat them immediately if they are frozen. It’s a win-win!
I figure I’ve cooked just about everything I can cook using my Taco Seasoning. But shrimp was the last frontier.
Now I can honestly say that frontier has been conquered. And boy was it good! These would be fantastic for shrimp tacos, or you can just eat them on their own like me and Mini Chef did!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Spicy Orange Cinnamon Shrimp
- Clean Eating Coconut Popcorn Shrimp
- Clean Eating Garlic Lime Shrimp
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives, originally posted 2/27/13.
- 1 pound large, pre-cooked shrimp - thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (see recipe link above)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or any oil you prefer)
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a skillet, cook the shrimp in the olive oil and sprinkle on the spices in the last few moments of cooking.
- Mix well and serve.
- Sprinkle the lime juice over the shrimp just prior to serving.