This delicious, Instant Pot spinach chicken recipe is a simple, delicious and nutritious meal straight from your Instant Pot!
As many of you who follow me on Facebook already know, I purchased an Instant Pot this past holiday season along with the rest of the world. And while I would normally take the time to try some recommended recipes from the appliance cookbook just to get the hang of it, I just haven’t had the time. So I’ve been sort of shooting in the dark on this one. But so far so good!
I took a cue from one of my older recipes and updated it to this simple, 4 ingredients, Instant Pot recipe and it turned out better than I ever expected!
The truth is, I put the four ingredients in the pot, turned it on, and then remembered that the IP usually needs more liquid. This is why many recipes call for added water. But I knew the sauce was definitely enough to cover that 1 cup requirement, so I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.
Not only did the chicken cook absolutely perfectly, it was perfectly delicious! Simple, easy to put together, and fast! That’s always a winning combination for me! In fact, I’m considering the possibility of just taking along an Instant Pot with me if I ever have to be out someplace for lunch. Just plug it in and bam! Healthy lunch in minutes! Although in truth, this would be equally perfect for dinner served with brown rice and some veg. Either way, it’s yummy!!
More Healthy Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Spinach Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Spinach Chicken
CLICK TO WATCH THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- 3/4 lb. frozen chicken breasts (can be slightly more or less – 2 medium breasts)
- 1 cup frozen spinach (4 cups fresh)
- 1 pint marinara (I used the one mentioned above, but any will work)
- Pour the olive oil into the bottom of the IP insert if using. (optional, but adds some flavor)
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the pot.
- Layer the spinach over the chicken,
- Pour the marinara over the top.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and steam valve
- Cook on Manual for 10 minutes.
- Allow for Natural Release of steam. (About 20 minutes)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a side of brown rice or whole grain pasta and a salad for a complete meal.