Clean eating pizza pie? Yes please and thank you!
I am not above feeding my kid dinner foods for breakfast. He has gotten quite picky as of late and gets easily bored with breakfast if I make the same thing more than 3 times. So ya, breakfast is always a challenge.
Mind you, I’m not one to let my kid dictate everything I cook, but I do try to make sure he gets out the door in the morning with a tummy full of warm, healthy food. Even if that food is nowhere near related to breakfast.
So in the interest of keeping him interested at the morning breakfast table, I came up with this little goodie. It’s super easy to make and only takes about 20-30 minutes in the oven.
Honestly, you can put anything in this that equals pizza in your mind. Add your favorite toppings, play around with the amounts and experiment with ingredients you may have never thought to put on pizza before! The sky is pretty much the limit with this, just as it is with pizza. Just pretend the pie crust is regular pizza dough and go from there. And yes, you probably want to eat this with a spoon.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Pie Crust Recipe
- Clean Eating Italian Seasoning Recipe
- Clean Eating Marinara Sauce Recipe
CLEAN EATING PIZZA PIE RECIPE:
Clean Eating Pizza Pie Recipe
- 1 standard pie crust (see recipe link above)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning (see recipe link above)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (hand-grated, pre-shredded is not clean)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (see recipe link above)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grate the zucchini and wring it out in a cheese cloth to remove as much water as possible.
- In your pie crust, combine the zucchini, mushrooms, onions, spices and cheese. Mix it up a little for even distribution.
- Pour the marinara (or pizza sauce) over everything, add a tiny bit more cheese just as a topping.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through. Cool, slice and serve. (See note below)