I wanted to keep this recipe very simple. I thought I could just add some basic Italian herb and be done with it. But that’s not how it worked out.
Italian herb is an herb mix you can pick up in the spice aisle at your local grocery store. Most stores carry it, and it makes life a little easier. I use it for a lot of recipes and it’s always a delicious blend.
I had hoped to use just that herb blend in this dressing but in the end, I added a little extra basil and a few other ingredients as well. The honey is an optional ingredient because I know a lot of folks watching their carbs and sugars read this blog. But it does add a nice flavor if you want it.
If kept in the fridge, this dressing will last quite a while, but you’ll want to let it sit out on the counter a bit before using it just so you can shake it up well before putting it on your salad.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.
Clean Eating Italian Dressing
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Italian herb
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard, no sugar added
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. honey (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender and blend well to combine.
- Transfer the dressing to a storage container and keep in refrigerator for up to about 2 months.
- Note that it is best to let this sit for 24 hours before using for the first time. This gives the herbs time to infuse into the oil. Shake well before every use. The oil will solidify in the fridge. Simply let it sit out for an hour or so before shaking to use again.