This clean eating spaghetti rice with spinach recipe is a simple easy dish the kids will actually eat!
We all have those crazy busy days where the drive through is so tempting we can hardly stand it. I mean, on truly crazy days, the drive through provides a meal you don’t have to think about! But I’mm here to tell you that you can make something at home just as quickly and easily, and it will be far, far better for you! I make this a lot for Mini Chef when we’ve had a busy day and dinner needs to happen immediately.
I buy pre-cooked and frozen brown, organic rice from Trader Joe’s, my favorite clean spaghetti sauce and some spinach from the frozen section. Warm it all together in a pot (the microwave works too!) and top with some parmesan.
This is one of those crazy-simple recipes that you can put together in 10 minutes or less, and it’s pretty darn tasty too. It’s also a great way to sneak some spinach into a meal for those who are not too excited about the prospect of veggies. Give it a try!
CLEAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE:
I know many of you may be wondering what clean spaghetti sauce you can pick up at the store. These are a few brands I’ve found that are clean. Prices and availability may vary by area.
- Gina Rispoli, Marinara ($5.99 – 25 oz. jar)
- Mario Batali, Tomato Basil ($7.99 – 24 oz. jar)
- Rao’s Homemade Tomato Basil Marinara ($8.99 – 24 oz. jar)
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING SPAGHETTI RICE WITH SPINACH RECIPE:
Clean Eating Spaghetti Rice With Spinach
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups clean spaghetti sauce (purchased or see recipes above)
- 1 cup frozen spinach (or 3 cups fresh)
- parmesan cheese (for garnish - optional)
- Pour all ingredients into a pot and stir constantly until warmed through. (About 5-10 minutes).
- You can also microwave this for about 2-4 minutes, give or take. Just be sure to mix it all really well before putting it in the microwave.