Yep, you can have your clean eating gravy recipe and eat it too. Here’s how!
I admit it. Gravy is my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner. Dressing comes in a close second. Do you feel the same?
I realize that for many people, gravy on any dinner is avoided like the plague. But I’m here to show you that it doesn’t have to be!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I strongly believe that 80-95% of your favorite recipes can be converted to clean and healthy eating. Here’s one more recipe that proves this belief.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THIS CLEAN EATING RECIPE:
CLEAN EATING GRAVY RECIPE:
Clean Eating Gravy Recipe
- 4 cups chicken or turkey stock/broth
- 1/4 tsp. ground sage
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried, ground rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cornstarch (arrowroot powder or tapioca starch work too)
- 4 tbsp. whole wheat pastry flour (affiliate link)
- In a large pot, combine the flour, cornstarch and stock/broth using a whisk.
- Add all other ingredients (spices), and whisk well to combine.
- Turn on the heat and bring the gravy to a boil, whisking often.
- Once the gravy boils, reduce the heat just enough to keep it at a low boil. Not a simmer.
- Boil the liquid down until it's about half gone. (This can take about 20-30 minutes or more). Whisk frequently. Adjust spices to taste.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.