This cranberry butternut bake recipe is perfect for your holiday table!
This is the first cranberry recipe I’ve done this year, and it set something off in me that has made me want to cook every dish hereafter with cranberries, cranberries, cranberries!!!
I think Mini Chef may go on strike if I serve him one more dish with cranberries. But hey, at least they’re clean and healthy. It’s the tart/sweet combo that gets me every time. I just can’t get enough. They are so nutrient dense and good for you, it’s hard to say no to them. I think they are truly one of my favorite things about Autumn.
I’ll be cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year. It’s the first time I’ve done it and mercifully, it’s for a small crowd. But I’m certain this will be on the menu. This is a fairly versatile dish. You can adjust the spices and maple syrup to your liking and even switch out the butternut for pumpkin if you prefer. Have some fun with this one! Just be sure to give it a good stir after baking. You want those cranberries to be popped and more of a jelly-like substance than full, whole berries. So if there are any whole ones left when you pull this out of the oven, just use a wooden spoon to smash them and then stir well. It’s a perfect dish for the upcoming holidays!
HOLIDAY CRANBERRY RECIPES:
CRANBERRY BUTTERNUT BAKE RECIPE:
Holiday Cranberry Butternut Bake Recipe
- 1 lb. butternut squash (chopped/cubed, peeled)
- 1 large apple (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 lb. fresh cranberries (227 g) bag
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (or coconut oil in liquid state)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 scant tsp. ground cloves
- Place all ingredients in a 1 gallon-sized ziplock bag or a large container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake well to coat everything in spices and maple syrup.
- Pour out into baking dish (Mine was 9x13) and bake at 350 F. for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Note that if you have a smaller, deeper baking dish that this will take longer in the oven. The bigger and more shallow the dish is, the quicker this will cook. (I do not recommend a cookie sheet due to the cranberries)
- Add salt to taste after cooking if needed.
Reposted from The Gracious Pantry archives from 11-16-13.