These roasted root vegetables with rosemary are perfect for anything from a weeknight dinner to your holiday table!
Root vegetables have never been a mainstay in my diet. Even as a child, I don’t remember ever seeing them at the dinner table.
It’s only now that I’m older and experimenting with all these “crazy and exciting” ingredients with odd names like “rutabaga” (I mean really, who named that one???) and “turnips” that I’m realizing how much I missed out on!
Roasting root vegetables brings out an amazing sweetness in them that you just can’t get any other way. Add a few herbs and spices to that and you’ve got one very nutrient and flavor packed dish!
In fact, I’d go so far as to say that, had my mom or grandma served me these as a child, I would have eaten far more veggies than I did! Try these on yourself first, and then have the kids sample it. They might surprise you!
MORE HEALTHY VEGETABLE RECIPES:
ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES WITH ROSEMARY RECIPE:
Roasted Rosemary Root Vegetables
- 1 medium rutabaga (peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 medium turnip (peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 medium parsnip (peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- salt to taste after serving
- Place all ingredients in a large ziplock bag and shake well to coat the veggies.
- Pour out onto a baking pan and bake at 375 F. for 50-60 minutes, or until the veggies are soft when poked with a fork or knife.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve.