This air fryer chicken breast recipe is stuffed full of delicious yumminess!
Air fryer recipes are becoming more popular these days, and for good reason. Particularly with those who enjoy clean eating foods and foods lower in fat. Air fryers are small enough to sit on your counter, and you can make delicious foods that are normally deep-fried with a fraction of the oil. Foods such as cheese sticks or fish n’ chips.
WHAT IS AN AIR FRYER?
It’s a countertop appliance that cooks pretty much exactly like a convection oven, except with a bit more “force”. The quick movement of the air circulated by the fan should mimic the crispiness of a deep fried food. Is it exactly the same result? No, not exactly. But it gets close in most cases. And considering the small amount of oil needed for most foods, it’s a far healthier option than deep frying. However, you will rarely achieve that perfect outer crisp that only a deep fryer can provide. But it’s still very tasty food that is far healthier. Plus, it’s smaller than most convection ovens which can be a bonus for counter space, but a negative for larger foods. That being said, you can buy air fryers large enough to fit a whole chicken.
IS AIR FRYER FOOD HEALTHY?
As with most things, it all depends on how you use it! Basically, it’s a great way to enjoy foods that would normally be deep-fried, just without all the deep frying. It would probably be comparable to cooking something in a skillet with minimal oil. And again, it will all depend on how much oil you actually use for cooking. (In this case, just three teaspoons divided into 4 servings!)
DO YOU PUT OIL IN AN OIL FRYER?
Unlike a deep fryer, you do not put oil into an air fryer. Rather, you spray small amounts of oil onto the food itself just to keep it from drying out. But there is no place for oil storage, just a “basket” where you put the food in. It has holes on the bottom to keep the air flowing freely. Never cover those holes completely or your food won’t cook properly.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE:
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. chicken breasts (2 breasts, butterflied)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese (1 oz. slices, cut in half to fit)
- 2 medium tomatoes (sliced)
- 8 medium fresh basil leaves (plus more for garnish)
- Pat dry chicken breasts with paper towels and discard the paper towels.
- Rub olive oil over the chicken breasts.
- Add seasonings, and massage chicken to coat all of it with seasonings.
- Open chicken breasts, line 4 slices (2, halved), and top with about 4 slices of tomatoes and 4 basil leaves.
- Close chicken and seal with 4 toothpicks at the edges of chicken breasts.
- Repeat with other chicken breast.
- Spray Air Fryer basket with olive oil spray.
- Layer in chicken. Spray the top of chicken with olive oil spray for a beautiful golden color.
- Set the temperature to 360 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer for 28 minutes.
- When timer goes off, remove chicken from baskets, and remove toothpicks before serving.
- Garnish with chopped basil.