Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you love sweet potato fries as much as I do, you’ll flip over these air fryer sweet potato fries! Seriously… YUM!
The air fryer is seemingly coming into its own these days and seems to do a pretty good job of “frying” foods with far less (or no) oil.
Sweet Potato Fries In An Air Fryer
Here are the reasons you’ll want to consider making your sweet potato fries in an air fryer.
- It’s a great method of cooking that won’t heat up your kitchen in hotter months.
- While it does put out a tiny bit of heat, it’s nowhere near what an oven would produce, and it’s small enough that you can set it out in the garage or on the patio to cook if the small amount of heat really bothers you.
- Used correctly, it does a wonderful job of cooking foods like fries, brussels sprouts, fish n’ chips, and more without copious amounts of fry oil.
- It’s a “set it and forget it” type of appliance. Once the food is in there, you don’t really have to watch it. You just let it do its thing much like a slow cooker.
- If you have kids in the house, this is a very simple machine for them to use. Just keep them away during cooking because it does tend to get pretty warm to the touch. Some might even say hot.
Why Sweet Potato Fries?
- They are a totally affordable side dish.
- One large potato can make enough fries for two people.
- They are high in vitamins B6, C, and D.
- They are a good source of magnesium and potassium.
- They are far easier on blood sugar levels than white potatoes.
Thinking Of Buying an Air Fryer?
Click here to read my review of my very first air fryer I ever purchased.
This is the one I had originally. Please note that this particular air fryer is currently nowhere to be found. So the basket air fryer here is the one I found that was most like the one I had: (amazon affiliate link)
Ultrean 5.8 Quart Air Fryer, Electric Hot Air Fryers Oilless Cooker with 10 Presets, Digital LCD Touch Screen, Nonstick Basket, 1700W, UL Listed
And this is the air fryer I have currently. I can’t live without this thing! That basket you see inside makes the absolutely BEST fries!!!
Instant Vortex Plus 7-in-1 Air Fryer, Toaster Oven, and Rotisserie Oven, 10 Quart, 7 Programs, Air Fry, Rotisserie, Roast, Broil, Bake, Reheat, and Dehydrate
More Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe Card
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 small sweet potatoes (peeled – Approximately 2 cups when cut)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Cut your potatoes into fries. I like to make mine thin with a 1/4 inch cut, but you can cut them any thickness you like.
- Place them in a food-safe plastic bag with the remaining ingredients and toss to coat the fries.
- Pour the fries into the basket of your air fryer, making sure to level them as much as possible.
- Cook to your air fryers directions. On mine, I cooked at 350 F. for about 7 minutes.
- If your fries are thicker, you’ll want to stir them at the 7 minute mark and then put them in for another 7 minutes.
- Repeat until your fries are fully cooked to your liking.
- If desired, sprinkle with a little extra salt when serving.
I made these Sweet Potato Fries the other day and just for full disclosure I am NOT blessed with any type of culinary skills (Trust me I could mess up cereal) but I followed the directions and they came out absolutely perfect!! I will be making these more and more frequently (especially when football season hits) One thing I will point out is make sure both you and your French fry cutter can cut it with the sweet potato’s. It takes a decent amount of strength to get them cut… 10/10
Trevor – Thanks so much!! And yes, sweet potatoes can be tough to cut sometimes. I try to buy them on the small side so they aren’t so hard to handle. So happy you enjoyed them! 😀