If you love sweet potato fries as much as I do, you’ll flip over these air fryer sweet potato fries! Seriously… YUM!
The air fryer is seemingly coming into its own these days and seems to do a pretty good job of “frying” foods with far less (or no) oil.
WHY USE AN AIR FRYER?
- It’s a great method of cooking that won’t heat up your kitchen in hotter months. While it does put out a tiny bit of heat, it’s nowhere near what an oven would produce, and it’s small enough that you can set it out in the garage or on the patio to cook if the small amount of heat really bothers you.
- Used correctly, it does a wonderful job of cooking foods like fries, brussels sprout, fish n’ chips and more without the copious amounts of fry oil.
- It’s a “set it and forget it” type of appliance. Once the food is in there, you don’t really have to watch it. You just let it do it’s thing much like a slow cooker.
- If you have kids in the house, this is a very simple machine for them to use. Just keep them away during cooking because it does tend to get pretty warm to the touch. Some might even say hot.
WHY SWEET POTATO FRIES?
- They are a totally affordable side dish.
- One large potato can make enough fries for two people.
- They are high in vitamins B6, C and D.
- They are a good source of magnesium and potassium.
- They are far easier on blood sugar levels than white potatoes.
THINKING OF BUYING AN AIR FRYER?
This is the one I have: (amazon affiliate link)
MORE HEALTHY SWEET POTATO RECIPES:
AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE:
These simple, healthy and delicious fries make a perfect snack in minutes when cooked in an air fryer!
- 2 small sweet potatoes (peeled - Approximately 2 cups when cut)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Cut your potatoes into fries. I like to make mine thin with a 1/4 inch cut, but you can cut them any thickness you like.
Place them in a food-safe plastic bag with the remaining ingredients and toss to coat the fries.
Pour the fries into the basket of your air fryer, making sure to level them as much as possible.
Cook to your air fryers directions. On mine, I cooked at 350 F. for about 7 minutes.
If your fries are thicker, you'll want to stir them at the 7 minute mark and then put them in for another 7 minutes.
Repeat until your fries are fully cooked to your liking.
If desired, sprinkle with a little extra salt when serving.
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.