I love fries. It’s one of the things I miss about my not-so-clean days. But it’s not worth it to me to go back to eating that way, so I’ve found substitutes instead. While sweet potato fries are a standard replacement for french fries, I love mixing it up a bit by using parsnips instead.
The curry is mild flavored after it’s done baking, but it leaves behind a stronger “kick” that is pleasant enough to truly enjoy. Give these a shot if you’d like to try something a little different the next time you have a fry. They would go really well with a clean, homemade burger!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Curry Parsnip Fries
- Large parsnips
- Curry powder
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and cut your parsnips into a french fry shape.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a light coat of olive oil.
- Place parsnips on the cookie sheet, and then give them a light coat of oil as well.
- Sprinkle liberally with curry, and lightly with salt.
- Bake until soft and lightly browned (about 35-45 minutes).