These air fryer roasted Brussels sprouts were a total experiment that actually worked out quite well.
In my experience, I have found that there are two types of people in this world. People who love Brussels sprouts, and people who hate them. I have never met a single person who is somewhere in the middle.
More often than not, the people that don’t like them dislike them because they have never had them cooked properly. Now I’m not saying there aren’t exceptions to that rule, but in most cases, that seems to be the issue.
Enter the air fryer….
I’ve been having a blast experimenting with this new air fryer of mine. You can read my air fryer review here on my air fryer site where I talk about reasons to get one as well as reasons to NOT get one. But if an air fryer is a good fit for you, then you simply must try Brussels sprouts at least one time. The air fryer cooks these little, mini cabbages to perfection, each and every time. They end up roasted to delicious crispiness on the outside, and are cooked al dente on the inside. They maintain their beautiful color as well as the majority of their nutrients. It’s a delicious win-win and you won’t have to deal with that awful smell you get when you steam them. Ick.
MY AIR FRYER:
(affiliate link) This is the Instant Vortex Pro I have. This post may contain affiliate links which won’t increase your price but will share some commission.
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
Air Fryer Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Air Fryer Herbed Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts (cleaned and trimmed)
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (Or 4 cloves, minced)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. oil
- Place all ingredients in a medium to large mixing bowl and toss to coat the brussels sprouts evenly.
- Pour them into the food basket of the air fryer and close it up.
- Set the heat to 390 F. and the time to 8 minutes. This setting roasts them nicely on the outside while leaving the insides a nicely cooked al dente.
- Cool slightly and serve.