This foil packet recipe is a family favorite weeknight meal that takes around 15 minutes to make from start to finish. No Sugar, super Low in carbs and minimal clean up too!
Hi there! I’m Carey from the blog Clean Eating with Kids. In 2015, our family of 6 made the move to a Clean Eating lifestyle. To keep it simple, everything we eat begins with whole, real food ingredients. Like most families, life is busy, kids can be fussy and my vegetable garden only exists in me dreams (for now). I still shop at our Supermarket. I don’t make everything from scratch and prefer meals I can prep in 20 minutes or less. If you want to get your family eating a little healthier, you can Download my Dinner Time Cheat Printable with 18 Fast and Healthy Meal Ideas here.
FAST AND HEALTH DINNER
Since becoming a Mom, FAST has a whole new meaning. At around 6.05pm, kids get hungry and things can turn ugly real quickly. I’ve learned this the hard way. So, I’m a big fan of dinners that can be prepped in under 30 minutes. This little recipe tops that!
You can get these Fish Foil Packets on the table in 15 minutes flat (Quick Disclaimer: this doesn’t include the few minutes needed to heat up the grill).
FOIL PACKET DINNER HACK
Once you’ve tried the whole foil parcel dinner thing, you will be hooked! My kids go nuts for them. And best of all there are no after dinner dishes to wash.
Couple things about this recipe:
- You can cook your parcels in the oven, on an open grill or outside barbecue (we cook ours on our Baby Weber BBQ)
- Foil Parcels can be prepped earlier in the day, kept in the fridge and cooked later
- No clean up (Yay!)
- Super Versatile – you can add any other veggies you have in the fridge, or even better – let the kids make their own.
- I like to double up on the foil if I’m cooking these on the outside grill just in case the foil tears. You want to keep all those yummy juices inside.
CLEAN EATING FISH FOIL PACKET RECIPE:
This is a family favorite weeknight meal that takes around 15 minutes to make from start to finish. No Sugar, super Low in carbs and minimal clean up too!
- 4 medium zucchini (sliced)
- 28 oz. white fish fillets (4 fillets about 7 oz. (200g) each - i.e. snapper, barramundi, hake)
- 2 medium lemons (or limes - finely sliced)
- 12 medium cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt (or plain regular yogurt)
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tsp. chopped coriander
Heat a grill or BBQ to med-high heat
Cut four pieces of heavy duty foil roughly 12inch x 12inch square (you can double up on the foil layer if it feels a little flimsy)
Spread a little olive oil on the inside of the foil and layer your zucchini slices, fish, tomatoes and lemon slices on top. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil, salt and pepper.
Wrap the foil to make parcels by folding over the top and sides.
Barbecue the parcels for 10 minutes or until fish fillets are cooked through.
Serve with a side dressing of yogurt, cucumber and coriander (mixed together).
Please note that the nutrition data given here is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.