I have been wanting to try fruit kebobs for a very long time now. All those little caramelized bits of fruitiness have always sounded like little bits of heaven to me. And now I can honestly tell you….. they are!!!
The wonderful thing about these is that you can really switch it up with a recipe like this. Don’t run down to the store for a fruit you don’t have, use fruits you have on hand. This recipes is very versatile in that way.
Clean Eating Cinnamon Fruit Kebobs
- 1 fresh, ripe pineapple
- 6 white nectarines
- 6 plums
- Juice from the fruit
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut all your fruits into bite-sized chunks. Be sure to cut them over a large bowl (the bowl that holds the fruit before you skewer it). You want to save as much of the juice as possible for the basting sauce.
- Add the honey and cinnamon to the juice and mix well. This is your basting sauce.
- Put the fruit chunks on skewers.
- Put the kebobs on the BBQ and, using a basting brush, baste the kebobs with the basting sauce.
- The kebobs are done when they have a nice golden brown color. I BBQ’d mine for approximately 30 minutes. But use your judgment. The fruit should be nice and caramelized.