As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These apple and smoked gouda lunchbox kebobs are a super easy and nutritious option for packing those lunchboxes.
I don’t know about you, but kids going back to school always fills me with “lunchbox dread”. I really hate the tedium of having to figure out what to put in Mini Chef’s lunchbox every day. It’s not fun. I don’t like it. Did I mention I hate packing lunches?
So I’m starting a little early with my lunch planning this year. I’ve decided to put together a collection of easy lunches I can throw together for Mini Chef. I’ll put together a list and then tape them to the fridge for those mornings my coffee hasn’t kicked in enough yet to figure out what my child should eat that day.
I mean, there is only so much anyone can expect of me before the coffee or green tea kicks in and I can tell you it ain’t much. So a list like this is often a lifesaver, provided I’ve actually managed to do the grocery shopping. But that’s a whole other post…
This simple, but tasty lunch idea is fun for kids of all ages. Pick up some decorative toothpicks and create your own combinations!
P.S. – Concerned about packing toothpicks in your child’s lunchbox? Try using whole grain pretzel sticks instead!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating School Lunches
- Clean Eating No Bake Oatmeal Granola Bars
- 11 Clean Eating Quick & Easy Back To School Breakfast Ideas
Apple & Smoked Gouda Lunchbox Kebobs Recipe Card
Apple & Smoked Gouda Lunchbox Kebobs
- 1 block smoked gouda (cut into ½ inch cubes)
- 5 oz. container cherry tomatoes
- 2 large apples cut into ½ inch cubes
- Alternating between ingredients, layer the cube and tomatoes onto the toothpicks or other kid-friendly skewers and pack in a food-safe container.
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives, originally posted 8/1/16.