As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Trader Joe’s is one of my absolute favorite places to shop. I’m there once per week, at least. And while I don’t claim to know all of their clean eating items, I think I’ve got most of them pretty nailed down by this point. I tried to give examples of both organic and non-organic foods.
Please note that the prices listed are current for my Trader Joe’s here in Sonoma County at the time of this writing. Prices will vary greatly by region and with time. Also, this is not an all-inclusive list. This is based on what I have purchased in my own shopping.
OTHER CLEAN EATING SHOPPING LISTS
- BELL PEPPERS, fresh (prices vary)
- ZUCCHINI, fresh (prices vary)
- TOMATOES, fresh (prices vary)
- STRAWBERRIES, in season, fresh (prices vary)
- BLUEBERRIES, in season, fresh (prices vary)
- SWEET POTATOES, fresh (prices vary)
- BROCCOLI, frozen (around $1.50 – 1 lb.)
- GREEN BEANS, frozen (around $3 – 1 lb)
- SPINACH, organic OR pesticide free, frozen (around $2)
- STRAWBERRIES, frozen ($2.79 – 12 oz.)
- BLUEBERRIES, frozen ($3.99 – 12 oz.)
- RASPBERRIES, frozen ($2.99 – 12 oz)
- SPINACH, fresh (prices vary)
- LETTUCE, fresh (prices vary)
- ONIONS, raw (prices vary)
- APPLES, raw (prices vary)
- PEARS, raw (prices vary)
Tip: When choosing non-organic, fresh produce, opt for thicker skinned produce so that you peel off most of the pesticides with the peel or skin.
- AVOCADOS, fresh (prices vary)
- BANANAS, fresh ($0.19 ea. conventional / $0.29 ea. organic)
- BROCCOLI, fresh (prices vary)
- CAULIFLOWER, fresh (prices vary)
- PINEAPPLE, fresh, whole or cut (prices vary)
- PINEAPPLE, frozen ($1.79 – 16 oz.)
- MANGO, frozen ($2.69 – 24 oz.)
- KALE, frozen ($1.79 – 12 oz.)
- MUSHROOMS, white ($1.69 and up)
- MUSHROOMS, crimini ($1.69 and up)
- GARLIC, fresh (prices vary)
- JICAMA, fresh (prices vary)
- ORANGES (prices vary)
- GRAPEFRUIT (prices vary)
- MELONS, fresh, in season (prices vary)
- BELL PEPPERS, mixed, frozen ($1.69 – 16 oz.)
- BERRY MEDLEY, mixed berries, frozen ($3.29 – 16 oz.)
Tip: Dairy is always better purchased organic. But not everyone can afford it. Buy the best you can afford.
- YOGURT, organic, store brand ($1.99 – 16 oz.)
- MILK, full fat, store brand ($3.99 gal – conventional / 5.99 gal organic)
- COTTAGE CHEESE, low fat, store brand ($3.49 organic – 16 oz. / 1.99 conventional – 16 oz.) – I haven’t been able to find full fat yet.
- BUTTERMILK, full fat ($1.49 – 1 quart)
Tip: Again, organic is best. But buy the best you can afford.
- CHICKEN BREASTS, boneless, skinless ($6.99 per pound, organic / $2.49 per pound conventional)
- TURKEY, conventional, ground, lean ($2.99 per pound conventional / $5.49 per pound kosher)
- EGGS, organic ($4.49 per dozen)
- EGGS, conventional ($1.99 + per dozen)
- PORK, conventional, boneless chops ($4.99 per pound)
- SALMON, wild caught (prices vary)
- TROUT, wild caught (prices vary)
- DOVER SOLE, wild caught (prices vary)
- SHRIMP, large, pre-cooked, frozen ($7.99 per pound – prices vary for other sizes and can go up to $14.99 per pound)
- TUNA, canned in water ($1.69 per can – red label)
NUTS AND NUT BUTTERS
- ALMONDS, raw or roasted ( around $5)
- WALNUTS, pieces or halves (around $7.50)
- PECANS (around $5)
- PISTACHIOS (around $6)
- PEANUT BUTTER, conventional or organic ($2.79 – $5.79 depending on type)
- ALMOND BUTTER, organic ($5.99 – 16 oz.)
- OATS, steel cut ($3.29 – 30 oz.)
- PASTA, whole wheat, organic ($1.39 – 1 lb)
- PASTA, brown rice, organic ($1.99 – 1 lb.)
- COUSCOUS, whole wheat ($1.99 per box)
- BROWN RICE ($2.99 per bag)
- QUINOA ($3.99 – $4.99 depending on type)
- BREAD, California Protein variety, store brand ($2.99 per loaf)
- CHICKEN BROTH ($1.99 per carton – 32 oz.)
- COCONUT MILK, light, ($0.99 – 14 fl oz. can)
- REFRIED BEANS, fat free (blue label – $0.99 can – 15 oz.)
- CANNED BEANS ($1.19 – $1.99 depending on beans – 15 oz.)
- TOMATO SAUCE ($1.49 – 15 oz. can)
- TOMATOES, diced ($1.00 – 15 oz. can)
- COCONUT OIL – ($5.99 – 16 fl. oz. jar)
- OLIVE OIL ($3.49 – 16.9 fl. oz. bottle)
- PURE BARS, chocolate brownie bar ($1.49 per bar)
- LARA BARS, apple, peanut butter or cherry (other flavors there are not clean – $1.29 per bar)
- AK MAK CRACKERS, whole wheat ($1.69 per box )
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!