Slow cooker overnight oatmeal is the perfect way to have a hot breakfast ready to go when you first wake up in the morning!
This delicious slow cooker overnight oatmeal breakfast will be ready for you when you wake up in the morning and you won’t have to lift a sleepy, coffee-deprived finger to do it. True story.
This bad boy will cook all night while you sleep. Yup. A full 8 hours!
Sorry, no, I can’t include the 8 hours of sleep with this recipe. I barely get that myself these days. But I can promise you a “wake-you-up-it’s-so-delicious” breakfast you’ll enjoy again and again this season. And all you have to do is throw it together the night before when you’re still somewhat conscious! How’s that for convenience?
SLOW COOKER OATMEAL
Oats are really a perfect slow cooker food if you get the ratio of oats to liquid just right. The resulting texture after cooking all night is pretty darned perfect. It’s almost like a creamy, sweet risotto that’s been made with great care. Add the right flavors and ingredients, and breakfast will be a thing of beauty.
OATMEAL BREAKFAST RECIPES:
- The Oatmeal Project – 365 Ways To Enjoy Your Oats
SLOW COOKER OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE:
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Overnight Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins )R fruit juice sweetened, dried cranberries
- pure maple syrup as garnish
- Combine the oats, water, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a small, 1 or 2 quart slow cooker. No larger. (You will need to multiply the recipe for larger slow cookers)
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in the raisins OR cranberries and maple syrup when serving.