This Wok-Style Garlic Chicken & Carrots Recipe was a dish to remember…
Cooking in Ireland this past May proved to be somewhat of a challenge. We were renting a self-catering apartment, so I had a full kitchen at my disposal. However…
Nobody stocked the spice rack in the kitchen, so I had to improvise with very little in the way of spices. But you know what, it worked out great! Particularly with this dish. We had it for dinner and it was quick and easy to put together. Just a little prep with your veggies and you’ll have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes.
I’ll never forget sitting around that table that night. Just a small family, sitting around a simple meal, laughing and making memories that will last a lifetime for me and Mini Chef.
Our time in Ireland with my mom was very special and now that she’s gone, we cherish those memories even more. I still sometimes make this dish just to remember that one night in a small Irish kitchen.
To serve this Clean Eating Wok-Style Garlic Chicken & Carrots recipe, enjoy as is, or serve it over brown rice. It’s a very filling and satisfying dish.
More Healthy Chicken Recipes
WOK-STYLE GARLIC CHICKEN & CARROTS RECIPE:
Wok-Style Garlic Chicken & Carrots
- 6 medium garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into stew-size pieces
- ¼ cup fresh parsley for garnish, chopped or torn
- salt and pepper to taste after cooking
- Combine the garlic, onions and carrots in a wok, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is done and the carrots are somewhat soft.
- Toss in parsley just before removing wok from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.