As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This waffle iron omelet is a great make-ahead breakfast that is wonderful straight off the waffle maker, or out of the toaster after freezing!
Let me help you reinvent breakfast. If you enjoy protein in the mornings, then this clean eating waffle iron omelets recipe is an incredible option.
I’m afraid this is not my original idea, but I saw a picture in a magazine of some eggs cooking on a waffle iron and my creative wheels started turning. It never occurred to me that eggs could be cooked in a waffle iron.
Not only does this make a majorly delicious meal, but you can freeze these and warm them in the toaster like you can with regular waffles! These are great for those eating low carb (which I am at the moment), but I promise, they do not have a “low-carb” taste or texture. The flavor is incredible.
I can promise you one thing. These were so good, I will be creating many, many more renditions of these savory waffles. In fact, when I have enough of these recipes, they will have their own category in my breakfast section. Yes, they are that good. You’ll see!
MORE HEALTHY EGG RECIPES:
- Garlicky Spinach, Tomato And Egg Scramble
- Baked Eggs On Balsamic Portobello Mushrooms
- Egg And Turkey Scramble
WAFFLE IRON OMELETS RECIPE:
Waffle Iron Omelets
- Waffle iron (standard)
- 3 large whole eggs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour just enough mixture onto a greased waffle iron to cover the entire surface area. Do not overfill the waffle iron or you will have egg coming out the sides.
- If you have a lock on your waffle maker, use it.
- You will hear a lot of squealing and whistling as this cooks. Once that noise fades, you know they are pretty much done.
- Serve with some grated cheddar cheese, tomatoes, avocado or anything else you like in an omelet.
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
- Thaw by putting in the toaster on the lowest setting.