Some mornings, the easiest thing to do is scramble some eggs. But I tend to get really bored with just plain ol’ eggs.
So when I do fix scrambled eggs, I like to mix them up with other stuff. Other ingredients that add a bit more flavor. Because truth be told, I’m not a huge egg fan. Never have been. But I eat them because they are a fantastic source of lean protein.
Thankfully, when I add other things to my eggs, I end up with something that I really enjoy the flavor of. So it’s a win-win!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Garlicky Spinach And Egg Scramble
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, no sugar added
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of your favorite clean salsa
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil over low to medium heat.
- Add the spinach and chicken broth. Cook until the spinach is completely wilted.
- Stir in the eggs and scramble everything together until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Top with cherry tomatoes and salsa.