These sheet pan nachos are the perfect “make-everybody-happy-for-dinner” meal!
It’s been a good long while since I’ve done a Simple Recipe. If you don’t know what I mean by that, it’s simply a recipe that doesn’t really require any measured ingredients. You just add ingredients as you like, cook and eat. These are the types of meals that are quick and easy to put together if you have all the ingredients in the fridge or cupboard, or can make a quick run to the store. I have a whole bunch of them here.
Below I have a link to homemade corn chips if you prefer to do that. I will say, it can be tough to locate clean corn tortillas or even chips for that matter. For me personally, this sort of falls into that 80/20 rule simply because I buy organic corn chips at Trader Joe’s. It’s a very short ingredient list corn, lime, oil and salt. So I’m pretty comfortable with that on an occasional basis.
I’ve been struggling lately with feeling inspired in the kitchen. It’s been tough to come up with recipes since my mom passed. I know it’s all part of the process, but instead of becoming frustrated that I’m not in a creative frame of mind, I’m getting back to making very simple meals. It takes some stress off of me and keeps things going here on the blog while I work on getting my “creative groove” back. It all takes time I guess.
But in the mean time, this made a fast and easy meal for Mini Chef. I usually avoid dairy due to allergies, but I caved and had some of this with him. It was really yummy!
More Healthy Mexican Food Recipes
Sheet Pan Nachos Recipe
Clean Eating Sheet Pan Nachos Recipe
- clean corn chips
- shredded cheese (whichever type you prefer – buy the block and shred at home to keep it clean)
- black olives
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped onions
- any other toppings you might enjoy
- chopped avocado or homemade guacamole (see link above – add this AFTER baking your nachos!)
- Lay the chips over an ungreased cookie sheet
- Add olives onions and any other toppings that require cooking and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from oven with an oven bit and top with the remaining toppings.
- Enjoy right off the sheet pan! (Just don’t burn yourself!)