This Clean Eating Thousand Island Dressing is rich, creamy and totally replaced the store-bought version!
Now that we are starting to settle in from our big move, things are starting to go back to normal. Everything except my stress levels. There was about a month or so there where I had no creativity at all and would have done anything to never set foot in my kitchen again. Even my nice, new kitchen!
Cooking is a very creative process for me and when I get stressed, it’s also the first thing to disappear. So 2015 all but annihilated any creativity I had completely. But with things starting to settle, it’s slowly coming back to me.
This dressing recipes is the first thing I’ve done so far this year from a truly creative standpoint. In other words, I got in the kitchen and just started adding ingredients until I had the right flavor. And boy did I get the right flavor!
Now that I’m cooking for both my mom and Mini Chef, I’m pretty used to at least one person telling me they don’t care for what I’ve cooked. I guess the variance in taste buds between and 8 year old and and almost 80 year old are pretty vast, so I can never seem to please both of them.
This recipe however, was truly an exception. I took the whole mixing bowl upstairs to my mom for her to try. I thought she would just take a little taste with her finger. Instead, she picked up the whisk and started to use it more like a spoon! She loved it!
I then carried it over to Mini Chef’s room where he was playing with a friend and after gingerly dipping his little finger into the bowl, he practically attacked me for more as he followed me down the stairs and back into the kitchen while begging to lick the bowl.
So long story short, Tiffany’s got her groove back and both the people I feed in this house were happy for once. That has to be a good sign, right?
But seriously, this Clean Eating Thousand Island Dressing is fabulous!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING SALAD DRESSING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Clean Eating Italian Dressing
- Clean Eating Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
CLEAN EATING THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING RECIPE:
Clean Eating 1000 Island Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup clean mayonnaise (either store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste (no sugar added)
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. white vinegar (I used white balsamic)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. cucumber (finely chopped)
- 4 drops pure liquid stevia OR sweetener of your choice to taste (you don't need much)
- Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and blend well with a whisk.
- Store in a food-safe container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (Do not freeze)
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives, originally posted 2/13/16.