As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
One of my wonderful readers suggested this fabulous, clean eating savory oatmeal recipe.
I was really hesitant to try it. I’ve always eaten my oatmeal with fruit and other sweet things. The thought of savory oatmeal really kind of made my stomach turn. But I’ve been feeling a little brave in the kitchen as of late, so I went for it.
OMG! I swear to you, this is my new FAVORITE way to eat oatmeal. I could eat it this way every day for the next year and never get tired of it. It’s really that good.
So thank you Mary (comment #32), for sharing this incredible recipe! My husband and mother-in-law thank you too. They don’t like oatmeal, but they really liked this!
More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Savory Oatmeal Recipe
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 4 medium crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup cooked oatmeal
- 1 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tbsp. olive oil (best in an oil sprayer)
- Sauté your onions and mushrooms in a non-stick pan, using the smallest amount of oil you can get away with.
- Stir in your oatmeal and blend well. Since the oats are already cooked, you only have to worry about getting them warm enough to melt the cheese.
- Once the oats are hot enough, stir in the parmesan. Turn off the heat and allow the cheese to melt.
- Continue stirring to distribute the cheese a bit.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.