This clean eating garlic mushroom and spinach frittata makes the perfect, protein packed breakfast!
Frittatas are a great breakfast when you want something simple and quick to make. While the baking takes 30 minutes, the assembly time is minimal.
The wonderful thing about Frittatas is that you can put just about anything in them. In fact, in certain regions of Italy, they even make their Frittatas with pasta!
All you have to do really is go to your fridge, see what leftovers you have or what needs to be eaten before it goes bad, and toss it in. It’s really that simple.
Now, many people like to fry their frittatas. Personally, I never do. It’s just far more “clean eating friendly” to bake them.
So here’s a recipe for one version, and I’m sure I’ll have many more to come.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
GARLIC MUSHROOM AND SPINACH FRITTATA RECIPE:
Garlic Mushroom And Spinach Frittata
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 4 large eggs OR 8 egg whites
- 2 tbsp. milk (any kind except coconut milk)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 6 oz. crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup red onion
- 1 tbsp. oil (or 1/2 cup broth)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute your spinach and mushrooms in broth or olive oil. Mix in your garlic at the end when everything is cooked.
- Place all ingredients in a baking dish and mix well. (You may want to whisk your eggs first so they are easier to combine with everything.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. It’s done when you cut into it and you don’t see any liquid.