As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have to tell you, I’m particularly proud of this Pesto Quiche With Sun Dried Tomatoes recipe. I created it after a conversation with my mom about what goes into a quiche.
I had never made one before, but I knew they were really high in fat, and who knows what else. Every time I’ve seen one, it’s been at a buffet line looking really old, sickly, and full of oil and fatty goo. Not very appetizing.
So I thought I would try and come up with a clean eating version. Something that is healthy AND tastes great.
Well I’ve outdone myself (pat on the back). This quiche is so good, my husband couldn’t stop saying “yum” throughout the entire meal. It has a really flavorful punch and it’s healthy! You can’t beat that with a stick!
And the best part (for all you busy folks) is that it’s a cinch to make. You just toss all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and pour into your pie crust. Quick and easy. That’s my kind of dinner (or breakfast)!
So before my head swells and I go marching off to a book publisher with one single recipe in my arsenal, I’d really appreciate your opinion. Do you like this recipe, or am I off my sun-dried-tomato-rocker?
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THIS CLEAN EATING RECIPE:
- Clean Eating Italian Seasoning Recipe
- Clean Eating Traditional Pesto Recipe
- Clean Eating Pie Crust Recipe
PESTO QUICHE WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES RECIPE:
Clean Eating Pesto Quiche With Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup broccoli
- 16 oz. egg whites (I purchased them in a carton)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning (see recipe above)
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes (drained if packed in oil - dry packed preferred)
- 1 tbsp. pesto (see recipe above to make your own)
- ½ cup diced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 standard whole wheat pie crust (see recipe above)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put all ingredients (except the pie crust!) in a bowl and mix it all together to distribute the spices evenly.
- Pour into your pie crust and place in a pre-heated oven for about 45 minutes, or until cooked through (There should be no liquid when you cut into it).
- When you take it out of the oven, it might be kinda puffy. That's okay. Just let it cool.
- Back this up with a delicious salad and you've got a great meal!
- Recipe notes: I really had to search for a whole wheat pie crust that did not have any added sugar. It's harder than you might think to find one. But they are out there. Try calling your local health food store to see if they have these.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!