This roasted Brussels sprouts recipe is a fabulously simple and tasty way to prepare Brussels sprouts!
I grew up eating Brussels Sprouts. My grandmother would hear nothing of my protests. So eventually, they grew on me. Especially when coated with a pound of butter and half a container of salt.
But as I grew older, I began to really appreciate the flavor these little guys can bring to a dish.
Now that I’m eating clean, I wanted to come up with a way to prepare them without the pound of butter or gobs of salt.
I found a recipe for grilled brussels sprouts online, and decided to adapt the recipe for my oven.
In truth, I’m not sure if I really adapted it. More like, subtracted it. I subtracted the grill, the Parmesan cheese, and all of the other ingredients listed as optional in the recipe. I also did not add any pepper. There was no rhyme or reason for this, I just left it out cause I was in the mood to. Feel free to add a whole bottle of pepper is that’s what you like.
So here’s my version of this very simple, very yummy side dish.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Roasted Rosemary Root Vegetables
- Clean Eating Sautéed Garlic Mushrooms
- Clean Eating Baked Basil Zucchini
CLEAN EATING ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE:
- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place your brussels sprouts in a large colander and wash well. Allow to drip dry for a few minutes.
- While the brussels sprouts are still in the colander, pour your olive oil and spices over them. Swish around in the colander until the brussels sprouts are well coated.
- Place your brussels sprouts on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Cover loosely with foil, and place in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until you can easily post the brussels sprouts with a fork.
recipe yields 2 pounds of roasted Brussels sprouts