This crock pot apple butter will ruin you for the store bought stuff!
Love foods that cook overnight? Then you should seriously give this crock pot overnight apple butter a try!
Originally, I had planned on simply updating my original apple butter recipe with this newer version. But the recipes are different enough that I thought I should just give you guys this one in addition. You can decide which one works better for you.
I recently took a class from a friend who is a chef. In this class, we made some raspberry jam. But towards the end of the class, she pulled a jar of this apple butter out of the fridge and let us try some, mentioning what ingredients she had used as we tasted.
It knocked my socks off!
So I immediately went home and got to work making my own. It wasn’t an exact match, but definitely yummy!
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
FRUIT BUTTER RECIPES
CROCK POT APPLE BUTTER RECIPE:
Apple Butter Recipe
- 7 cups applesauce (homemade is best. No sugar added if purchased)
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup honey (for mildly sweet) OR ½ cup honey (for more sweet)
- Combine all the ingredients in your slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Vent the lid (I used a chopstick) to keep it slightly open.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours. The butter should reach an internal temperature of at least 135 degrees F. before it’s done cooking for food safety. Simply check it with a thermometer before turning it off.
- Transfer to a flat, casserole dish, spreading the butter out evenly. Cool in the fridge. Once cooked, spoon into storage containers.
- This should be kept in the fridge, but it also freezes well if you feel you have too much to eat within a week or so. Do not freeze this in glass jars as you risk the glass breaking.
This recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives. Originally posted 10/28/14.