As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These holiday energy ballsd are a fabulously healthy treat for yourself or your party guests! (Plus, the kids love making these!)
These are such a fun and healthy holiday snack! Barring any allergies, these are a great snack for kids of all ages. They’ll keep you full and give you a little kick of energy mid-day when you need it most!
They are simple to make too. Just a quick blend in a food processor and a roll in some coconut flakes, and you’ve got yourself some adorable little snowmen! These would be a fun holiday snack to take to the office as well!
If you’ve never had energy balls, they are just a soft “dough” like blend of nuts, dates, and other fruits. You can make them with almost any combination, and they will taste great. They are truly a travel-friendly snack and are calorie dense for those times you really need to keep yourself going.
But when you put them together like a snowman, they make the cutest little goodies for a holiday gathering. Who wouldn’t want to pick up one of these cuties off the appetizer tray? Serve with a little warm hot chocolate or even eggnog, and you’ve got a wonderful holiday treat people will remember!
Pssst…. you don’t have to tell anyone they are healthy!
More Energy Ball Recipes
Holiday Energy Balls Recipe Card
Holiday Energy Ball Snowmen
- 2 cups cashews (raw)
- 1 cup Medjool dates (pitted and packed tight for measuring)
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp. mini dark chocolate chips (for eyes)
- 2 baby carrots (for nose)
- Blend together the nuts, dates and vanilla in a food processor until well combined (about 3-5 minutes).
- Transfer dough to a medium mixing bowl.
- Form walnut-sized balls from the dough, kneading a little to make the dough stick together, otherwise it will crumble in your hands.
- Roll each ball in the coconut flakes with gentle pressure.
- Add the chocolate chips for eyes and carrots for arms and nose.