This clean eating broccoli cheddar soup is full of brothy deliciousness!
Oh ya, this is the good stuff. I mean, cheddar and broccoli are such a wonderful, comforting combination anyway. But turn that into soup and you’ve got a wonderful meal for a cold winter night!
Serve it with some crusty, just-out-of-the-oven garlic bread and relax into your evening meal.
It’s creamy, brothy savory, and just the right balance of cheese and green veg. I try not to make this too often, but it’s hard not to want this every night when it’s chilly out!
This is also great for a busy weeknight too. It cooks up pretty quickly (10-15 minutes!). The ingredients are basic, you probably have most of them on hand already, and if not, a quick trip to any grocery store will quickly get you what you need.
Just make sure you have your comfy jammies and your fuzzy slippers on to enjoy the full effect!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATINB BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE:
Clean Eating Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth (no sugar added, low sodium is best)
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 cups raw broccoli florets (small in size or cut small)
- salt to taste
- In a medium soup pot, warm the cream or milk and chicken broth over low to medium low heat.
- Once warm, stir in the cheese, a little at a time making sure that it melts before you stir in more. Stir constantly to avoid the cheese burning on the bottom of the pot.
- Add in the garlic and onion powder as well as the broccoli and cook until the broccoli is just tender, stirring continuously for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste if needed and serve.