These clean eating cranberry muffins are perfect for the autumn and winter months!
Growing up, my grandmother always told me the same, war-time story. Like many, she was a German immigrant who came to America to start a new life. So my childhood was filled with all the stories of growing up in Germany, and all the trials that came with living through and escaping from a war being fought right over your head.
These muffins remind me of her. Why?
She used to tell me about how, when they (my grandmother, mother and uncle) were hungry and had no money for food, they would stand outside the bakeries and get full on the smells that wafted out of them.
Have you ever done that? Gotten full off a smell?
Stories like that have created lasting memories of my childhood that will always be with me. The smell of these muffins as they baked was so tempting I stood in front of the oven while they were baking just to take in the smell. And you know what….. I got full!
Well, sort of. I still ate some muffins…
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING CRANBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE:
Clean Eating Cranberry Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or oil of your choosing)
- 3/4 cups milk (regular or non-dairy.)
- 2 tsp. orange extract
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together your flour and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend everything else.
- Combine the ingredients of both bowls, using a whisk.
- Pour into your muffin tin. Fill up the cups only half way.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.