This blueberry pie recipe has a healthy new look! It makes a delicious pie with NO refined sugar! Naturally sweetened with honey and real blueberries. With this healthier, clean eating dessert, you can have your pie, and eat it too!
Marie’s vs. Tiffany’s Blueberry Pie Recipe
I have to say that I’ve never been a fan of pie. It just hasn’t appealed to me in the past. I used to work for Marie Callender’s, a restaurant famous for their pies. Even with all the free pie I could eat (I was a manager), I just couldn’t bring myself to enjoy it like other baked goodies. Little did I know…
Little did I know what I was missing in a HOMEMADE pie. Goodness gracious!!! Homemade is W.A.Y. better than any pie you can get in a restaurant or store. W.A.Y. better. Hands down, no contest, W.A.Y. better.
Did I mention this homemade blueberry pie recipe is W.A.Y. better than anything you will ever buy from a store??? It’s true!
And thankfully, my jeans will still fit when I’m done finishing off an entire sugar free blueberry pie all by myself, because this is a clean eating pie.
Okay, so maybe my jeans would fit a little bit tighter. But not much, right?
Okay fine. I stuck to one piece. But trust me, I wanted to eat that pie. The whole pie, and nothing but that pie.
OTHER “I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS HEALTHIER PIE” RECIPES:
HOW TO MAKE A HEALTHIER PIE CRUST
Don’t make the filling for your pie until you have a healthier pie crust to put that filling into!
Clean Eating Blueberry Pie
- 1 standard pie crust (see recipe link above)
- 1 lb. fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp. tapioca starch (cornstarch works too - use organic to avoid GMO's.)
- 1/2 cup honey
- Mix all filling ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Pour the filling into your pie crust.
- Top with the upper crust and cut vents in the top to release steam as the pie bakes.
- Bake at 350 F. until you see the fruit start to bubble (approximately 1 hour depending on how your oven bakes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.