I have to say that I’ve never been a fan of pie. It just hasn’t appealed to me in the past. I used to work for Marie Calender’s, a restaurant famous for their pies. Even with all the free pie I could eat (I was a manager), I just couldn’t bring myself to enjoy it like other baked goodies. Little did I know…
Little did I know what I was missing in a HOMEMADE pie. Goodness gracious!!! Homemade is W.A.Y. better than any pie you can get in a restaurant or store. W.A.Y. better. Hands down, no contest, W.A.Y. better.
Did I mention homemade pie is W.A.Y. better???
And thankfully, my jeans will still fit when I’m done finishing off an entire pie all by myself because this is a clean eating pie.
Okay, so maybe my jeans would fit a little bit tighter. But not much, right?
Okay fine. I stuck to one piece. But trust me, I wanted to eat that pie. The whole pie, and nothing but that pie.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Blueberry Pie
(Makes one 9 inch pie)
- 1 pie crust recipe
- 1 pound fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch (a.k.a tapioca flour – cornstarch works too)
- 1/2 cup honey
- Mix all filling ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Pour the filling into your pie crust.
- Top with the upper crust and cut vents in the top to release steam as the pie bakes.
- Bake at 350 until you see the fruit start to bubble (approximately 1 hour depending on how your oven bakes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.