As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy peanut butter pie makes a rich, decadent pie with a consistency almost like cheesecake. It’s a delicious and healthy dessert made with Greek yogurt!
Making a peanut butter pie recipe is something I’ve been mulling over for at least a year or so now. Somebody asked me to “clean it up” and make a healthy pie recipe a while back, and it’s been at the back of my mind, pestering me ever since.
I mean, a decadent, rich cheesecake consistency pie is not the easiest in the world to clean up, so I was a little hesitant about trying it. Seems like a lot to toss in the garbage if it’s a complete and total failure.
But then I remembered Mini Chef’s birthday. I made some healthy Peanut Butter Fruit Dip for the snack table. We had some leftovers, so after the party, I just packed it up with all the other leftovers and popped it in the fridge.
The next day, it was unusually thick. Delicious but thick. At that moment, it dawned on me that this could actually be an easy peanut butter pie to convert to the healthy side, especially if I utilized the fruit dip recipe.
So I tried it out, and it turned out perfectly! It’s almost more of a peanut butter cheesecake of sorts.
OPTIONS FOR HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER PIE CRUST:
You can certainly use a whole-grain pie crust if you prefer that to the nut crust I use. The main part is the peanut butter filling. And oh, how delicious it is!
- Whole Grain Pie Crust
- Grain Free Pie Crust – Omit the cocoa powder and add 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Coconut Whipped Cream
MORE SUMMER PIE RECIPES
EASY PEANUT BUTTER PIE RECIPE:
Healthy Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 1 standard pie crust prepared (see links above)
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups Greek yogurt
- 6 tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients. It will take a few minutes of whisking to really get the milk mixed in well, but you’ll have a very creamy filling when it finally does. So just keep mixing.
- If your pie crust is raw, you’ll want to bake it first before filling it. Bake at 350 F. for about 10-15 minutes, or until it’s completely baked through. Allow to cool completely before filling with pie filling.
- Scoop the filling into your prepared pie crust and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 12 hours (overnight), then top with your favorite whipped topping and serve. (I used coconut whipped cream. You can find that recipe above or just make regular whipped cream using honey or maple syrup)
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!