As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This apricot overnight oatmeal is a sweet and delicious start to your morning!
I don’t know about you, but I love a good apricot muffin. I don’t often find them, but when I do, I’ll sometimes splurge and enjoy a small one. I haven’t yet done a recipe for them here, but you can bet it’ll be coming at some point. But until that happens, here’s a simple recipe for overnight oats that will get you pretty close!
WHAT ARE OVERNIGHT OATS?
If you’ve never heard of overnight oats, they are a marvelously simple way to have breakfast ready and waiting for you first thing in the morning. In fact, I’m doing a series of 5 of them that you can prep all at once! You can find those here. But the basic idea is that you put the dry oats and other ingredients into a jar, mug or container with some milk of your choosing, and let it sit overnight. The oats soak up the liquid overnight without having to cook them. They are quite good, and breakfast is ready for you when you wake up in the morning. Not a bad deal!
HEALTHY OATMEAL RECIPES
JARS FOR OVERNIGHT OATS
These pint-sized canning jars are perfect for these recipes! Great for single servings for many different foods!
APRICOT OVERNIGHT OATMEAL RECIPE:
Apricot Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
CLICK TO WATCH THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
- ½ cup old fashion oats
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dried, chopped apricots (no sugar added)
FOR OVERNIGHT OATS:
- Combine all ingredients in a small, zipper-top baggie and toss in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- The night before you plan to eat your oats, place them in a jar or covered bowl with 1 cup milk (any kind) and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Serve cold or warm up on the stove top or in the microwave.
FOR COOKING OATS:
- Combine all ingredients in a small, zipper-top baggie and toss in the freezer for a future busy morning!
- When you're ready to cook simply put the contents of the bag into a small pot with a 1 cup of milk (any kind) and cook according to package directions on the oats container.