Are you a coconut lover? If so, this morning bowl of Clean Eating Coconut Bomb Overnight Oatmeal might be your perfect bowl of morning oats!
Growing up, I hated coconut with a passion. My mom loved it and I just couldn’t understand her obsession with it. She lived in Hawaii for a time, and coconut was a big deal there. She learned to appreciate it in all it’s forms.
The coconut tree (Cocos nucifera), known as “niu” in Hawaii, was originally introduced to the islands by the original Polynesian settlers. Although the island chain lies near the northern boundaries of the main coconut-growing regions of the world, coconut trees thrive in the warm, balmy climate of Hawaii. Coconuts were an important resource for ancient Hawaiians, providing food, liquid and building materials. Coconut fiber was used to lash the warrior’s koa wood canoes and the shells were used as the base of the shark skin-covered piniu, or Hawaiian knee drum. Source.
As for me, I didn’t come to enjoy the flavor of coconut until I tasted fresh coconut for the first time. Something about that flipped a switch in me, and I’ve enjoyed the flavor ever since. These days, I enjoy coconut oil, coconut milk and coconut flakes on a fairly regular basis.
So I couldn’t pass up this chance to add it to some oats as well. It’s a delicious combo for any coconut lover. Give it a try!
CLICK PLAY TO SEE THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating German Chocolate Oatmeal
- Clean Eating Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal
- Clean Eating Muffin Tin Oatmeal
NEED JARS TO MAKE YOUR OVERNIGHT OATS IN?
These pint-sized canning jars are perfect for these recipes! Great for single servings for many different foods!
CLEAN EATING COCONUT BOMB OVERNIGHT OATMEAL RECIPE
Clean Eating Coconut Bomb Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- FOR OVERNIGHT OATS:
- Combine all ingredients in a small, zipper-top baggie and toss in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- The night before you plan to eat your oats, place them in a jar or covered bowl with 1 cup light coconut milk (or any milk you prefer) and let sit in the fridge overnight. Serve cold or warm up on the stove top or in the microwave.
- FOR COOKING OATS:
- Combine all ingredients in a small, zipper-top baggie and toss in the freezer for a future busy morning! When you're ready to cook simply put the contents of the bag into a small pot with a 1 cup of milk (any kind) and cook according to package directions on the oats container.