This muffin tin oatmeal will ensure that everyone at your breakfast table enjoys the flavor of oatmeal they like without making a ton of extra work for you!
A fan on Facebook gave me this idea. She asked me if I thought it would work out to make individual oatmeal in a muffin pan. I immediately loved the idea and had to give it a try. I even bought a new muffin pan for the occasion.
The muffin pan I got was for jumbo-sized muffins. That was the only way to get a decent serving size out of one “muffin”. But if you only have the regular sized muffin pans, simply use 2 “muffins”/servings per person.
NOTE: I’m calling them “muffins” because I don’t know what else to call the holes in the pan you usually pour muffin batter into.
While this isn’t a recipe per se, I thought it was an awesome idea. This would work well with many of the ideas on my Oatmeal Project page as well (be sure to check the comments for tons of recipes too!)
The addition/toppings suggestions in the recipe below are just a start. Keep your additions to about 1 tbsp per well and you can add just about anything you like!
MORE HEALTHY OATMEAL RECIPES:
MUFFIN TIN OATMEAL RECIPE
Muffin Tin Oatmeal Recipe
- Muffin tin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. steel cut oats
- 1 tbsp. addition of your choice (see below - can go up to 2 tbsp.)
- 4 slices banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp. dried cranberries (fruit juice sweetened)
- 1 tbsp. dark chocolate chips (I use Lily's)
- 1 tbsp. grated cheddar cheese (+ 1 tbsp. pistachios)
- 1 tbsp. grated apple (+ a dash of ground cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the water and oats in each individual "muffin".
- Stir in your additions.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until you can visibly see that all the water has been soaked up by the oats.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.