As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This pizza hummus is the best I’ve made in a long time!
I have a complete love affair with hummus. I can’t get enough of it. Whenever it’s around, I can pretty much survive off of it for days at a time if I allow myself to. And believe me, I’ve had days where that has happened. Maybe it’s not the most nutritionally complete way to end the day, but I can think of far worse things to survive on.
Mini Chef was insistent on helping me with this batch of clean eating sun-dried tomato and olive hummus. The evidence was all over his shirt, not to mention, evidence of playing in the dirt for at least an hour. But that’s my boy for you. He sure was proud of himself when it was done. The hummus, not his dirt pile. Although I’m sure he was mighty proud of that too.
We both shared this tasty, clean eating sun-dried tomato and olive hummus as a snack and pretty much ended up finishing it off for dinner too. I just can’t get enough hummus!
- 30 oz. chickpeas (rinsed an drained if canned)
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- ½ cup tahini sauce (see recipe link above)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- water (just enough to get the right consistency)
- Place all ingredients, except the olives, in your food processor and blend until smooth.
- When your hummus reaches the desired consistency, transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the olives.