So if you know anything about me, you know that I love a good muffin. And I’m here to tell you that the apple does NOT fall far from the tree. Mini chef loves them just as much. Maybe more! But lately, I’ve noticed that if I give him a whole muffin, he’ll eat the entire thing and want more. So to remedy that, I started baking mini muffins on a more regular basis.
So far, it’s working out pretty well. I can give him a few and he feels like he got more than one without actually going overboard. It’s a win-win in my motherhood book.
The insides remain soft and pumpkiny which we love, and the pumpkin spice is definitely there without being overpowering.
Hope you enjoy these as much as we have!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins
(Makes approximately 30 mini muffins)
Note: making larger muffins is not recommended. This batter works far better when made as mini muffins.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (no sugar added)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup apple sauce (no sugar added)
- 2 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and pumpkin spice.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Combine the liquid into the flour and stir until smooth.
- Spoon into mini muffin tins (I used non-stick with a light spray of olive oil).
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!