As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy recipe for hummus avocado toast is a great breakfast, snack, or meal that’s vegan and healthy and takes five minutes to make.
Hummus avocado toast is super rich, super creamy, and super fast to make. It’s got tons of good-for-you nutrients and will fill you up and keep you running until lunchtime.
Is Guacamole On Toast The Same As Avocado On Toast?
Nope! Guacamole has a whole set of its own spices and seasonings. So for a recipe like this one, you may want to skip the guac and focus on the fresh avocados. That’s not to say guacamole doesn’t have a place on toast, but I don’t recommend it for this particular recipe.
If you want to add even more to your toast, here are some suggestions that go really well with this particular combination:
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sprouts (e.g., alfalfa sprouts, microgreens)
- Red onion
- Fresh herbs (e.g., cilantro, parsley, basil)
- Sesame seeds
- Lemon juice or zest
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Feta Cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Cayenne pepper
- Bell pepper
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt – Just a little.
- Fried egg or a hard-boiled egg
- Sweet paprika
About The Ingredients
Whole grain bread of choice – Look for 100% whole grain with no sugar added.
Avocado – Make sure it’s ripe, but not too ripe. You know… perfect.
Hummus – Look for hummus with no added sugar if you are purchasing it. Or you can make your own hummus at home.
Ground black pepper
How To Make Hummus Avocado Toast
Toast your bread and prep all your ingredients.
Smash half the avocado into each slice of bread.
Spread half the hummus on each slice of bread.
Sprinkle half the pepper over each slice of bread.
Enjoy as is, or add more toppings. See suggestions in the post above.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for 1 day. More is not recommended due to the browning of the avocado.
Freezing is not recommended for this recipe.
More Avocado Toast Recipes
- Avocado Toast
- Avocado Toast With Egg
- Avocado Toast With Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Avocado Toast With Tomatoes
- Pesto Avocado Toast
- Avocado Toast With Cucumbers
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Hummus Avocado Toast Recipe Card
Hummus Avocado Toast Recipe
- 1 toaster
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- ½ medium avocado
- ¼ cup prepared hummus
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Toast your bread and prep all your ingredients.
- Smash half the avocado into each slice of bread.
- Spread half the hummus on each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle half the pepper over each slice of bread.
- Enjoy as is, or add more toppings. See suggestions in post above.