As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you love the fresh flavors of cucumbers, this avocado toast with cucumber may just be your new favorite breakfast.
I’m constantly looking for new ways to enjoy my morning avocado toast. I love the stuff, and pretty much anything you put on it is going to be really tasty. But what I love about this particular recipe is how fresh the flavors are, thanks to the raw veggies.
What Is The Best Bread For Avocado Toast?
In my personal experience, the best bread is always whole-grain bread. Why? Because the flavors of it pair so well with the avocado. It makes the whole thing a more “rustic” experience and gives it some actual chew and heartiness. But at the end of the day, the best bread is the one you will eat. Use what you enjoy most.
What Goes Well With Avocado Toast?
If you want to round out the meal, particularly at breakfast, you can enjoy this with a side of eggs and a cup of tea or coffee. As a snack or other meal, you can pair it with a green salad.
Want to add more flavor? Try one of these:
- Garlic – Either garlic powder or minced garlic.
- Dill – Either dried or fresh.
- Bagel seasoning – Works great with the veggies!
- Bacon – You can add any meat to this you prefer.
- Swiss cheese, American cheese, or even Cheddar cheese will work here.
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- A spritz of lemon juice or lime juice.
- A sprinkle of balsamic vinegar.
- A little bit of smoked salmon.
- Beans – Try black beans or chickpeas. You can mash them into the avocado to keep them from falling off the bread.
- Red pepper flakes
About The Ingredients
Whole grain bread – Look for 100% whole grain bread (or whole wheat bread) with no added sugar. If you absolutely must use white bread, opt for sourdough bread.
Avocado – Perfectly ripe to your liking.
Ground black pepper
Red onion – This can be any color onion, but red onion tastes the best here.
Cucumber – Peeled or unpeeled, your choice.
How To Make Avocado Toast With Cucumber
Toast your bread and smash equal amounts of avocado on each slice.
Chop and slice your veggies.
Sprinkle salt and pepper over the avocado.
Sprinkle on the chopped onions.
Layer on the cucumber slices.
Serve and enjoy.
Storing Avocado Toast With Cucumber
Store leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Freezing is not recommended for this recipe.
More Healthy Toast Recipes
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Avocado Toast With Cucumber Recipe Card
Avocado Toast With Cucumber
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- ½ medium avocado
- 2 tbsp. chopped red onion
- 9 slices cucumber (peeled or unpeeled, your choice)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Toast your bread and smash equal amounts of avocado on each slice.
- Chop and slice your veggies.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the avocado.
- Sprinkle on the chopped onions.
- Layer on the cucumber slices.
- Serve and enjoy.