As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This ground turkey spaghetti is the perfect, quick and easy dinner for busy weeknights!
I don’t know about you, but as a busy mom and business owner, there are just some nights when I absolutely do not want to have to think about what to make for dinner. Nights when the last thing I want to do is stand at my stove again or do more dishes. It’s on nights like this, I turn to my simplest of recipes. Recipes I can have on the table in 30 minutes or less, from prep to plate.
That handful of quick recipes are recipes my little family loves. They are clean and healthy, nutritious and tasty, and most importantly, they are simple and quick to get on the table.
Now I love pasta. Pasta has always been a super easy dish for me to make. But while I love it, I always have to be sure I’m balancing all those carbs with some protein and veggies. So I came up with this little concoction that makes for a really great meal. You basically get your carbs, fats, proteins and plenty of veggies in one dish and everyone loves it, guests and kiddos alike!
HOW TO COOK GROUND TURKEY SPAGHETTI
This is a two-pot dish. So all you’ll need beyond your pot an skillet are a cutting board and a cheese grater. Some measuring spoons will be helpful here too.
First, you’ll want to start your pasta to cook in the pot. Cook according to pasta package directions. You can use any pasta you prefer for this. I use a whole grain spaghetti made of rice and quinoa from Trader Joe’s. But any pasta works!
While that’s cooking, you’ll want to grate your zucchini and then cook everything (except the pasta, obviously) together in the pan. Everything gets dumped in together, which makes it super fast and easy. Just make sure you get the meat well cooked here.
Once the pasta and the sauce are finished, simply combine them in the pot after straining off the water from the pasta. Easy-peasy!
GROUND TURKEY SPAGHETTI RECIPE
Ground Turkey Spaghetti
- 1 lb. whole grain spaghetti noodles
- 1 ½ lb. lean, ground turkey
- 3 medium zucchini (grated)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. jar your favorite spaghetti sauce (or as much as you like – read the ingredient list!)
- Cook your pasta to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, place turkey meat, zucchini, garlic powder, onion powder and olive oil into a large frying pan and cook until the meat is done. You are not using a lot of oil, so be sure to keep the heat at a lower setting. The water from the meat and zucchini will help to cook everything. (You can add more oil if needed)
- Drain your pasta and return to the pot.Stir in the meat and then the sauce.