As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I originally titled this recipe “weeknight balsamic pork chops” simply because they are so simple and easy to make on any given weeknight. A quick dinner for a busy evening. And let’s face it, we could all use a few more of those “quick and easy” recipes, don’t you think?
I served mine with steamed cauliflower, but you could just as easily serve these with string beans or broccoli and any whole grain you’d like to add.
About the cut: When I buy my pork chops from the butcher, I ask him to cut the chops into “breakfast cuts or slices”. These are much thinner and cook faster as a result. And as the name insinuates, this cut is good for breakfast in lieu of bacon.
More Healthy Pork Recipes
Balsamic Pork Chops Recipe Card
Balsamic Pork Chops
- 1 lb pork chops (breakfast cut – about a scant ½ inch thick)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oil and add the garlic first, then the pork chops.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides, then add the balsamic vinegar.
- Continue to cook until the pork chops are done (at least 165 F.).
- Serve with a veggie and grain of your choice.