I go through mood swings when it comes to pork. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I can’t stand the sight of it.
But when I do decide to make it, this is a no-fail way to make it taste delicious. There’s just something about the combination of pork and fennel that goes together every time.
While I’ve never been a fan of the flavor of licorice, something about the pork really reacts nicely with the fennel. It’s mild, warm, and has a little “zing” at the end of each bite. Add a little cooked kale as a side dish, and you’ve got yourself a wonderful dinner.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Fennel Pork
(Makes 4 servings)
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon. fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon. garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a food-safe plastic bag and shake until the pork is well coated in the oil and spices.
- Place on the BBQ and cook until the pork reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F. (I prefer 170 degrees F.)