As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This white lasagna recipe is, hands down, my new favorite lasagna recipe.
I’m not entirely sure what gave me the idea for this one. All I know is that I suddenly wanted lasagna, I knew I wanted to try it with cottage cheese, and the rest just unfolded based on what I had in my fridge. It was a very simple recipe (in my opinion), and I didn’t expect much from it to be honest.
But wow. Even Mini Chef went back for seconds, and these days, that’s a serious compliment. I felt like doing the snoopy dance while he was out of the room.
On another note, For those of you who have been following, you might be sort of confused by the sudden addition of dairy. For the past 3 months, I’ve been following a Paleo eating plan. I love it and it’s many benefits as well as a few nutrition lessons I’ll carry with me for the rest of my life. But it also has a down side that I haven’t figured out how to manage yet. And without going into detail, I’ll just tell you that I got the “okay” from my doctor to add in a few grains, and well…. I sort of took that and ran with it. I added some dairy too. Believe me, I paid for it, but it was worth every bite.
I’ll be going back to the diary free thing in the morning (as much as I love it, it just doesn’t love me!). But I had to have a treat meal that involved dairy. I just love it too much. So there it is. My weak moment is your win. A fabulous, delicious, go-back-for-seconds lasagna the whole family will love.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING WHITE LASAGNA RECIPE:
Clean Eating White Lasagna Recipe
- 10 oz. package brown rice lasagna noodles (or whole wheat)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ¼ lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 32 oz. cottage cheese
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large head broccoli (finely shredded or chopped)
- Set the noodles to boil as per package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onions and garlic powder in the olive oil
- When the noodles are finished, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Now line a baking dish with the first layer of noodles.
- Then 1/2 the meat mixture, then 1/2 the broccoli, then 1 container of cottage cheese, then 1/2 cup parmesan, and then another layer of noodle.
- Repeat this layering process again and finish with noodles on top, sprinkled with the last 1/2 cup of parmesan
- Place in oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes, or until you can see the juices bubbling.
- Note that there may be a bit of liquid at the bottom of the dish when serving. This is normal
- When finished, cut into 12 equal portions.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes, then serve
- Top with a little extra parmesan cheese if desired.