As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This white lasagna recipe is, hands down, my new favorite lasagna recipe.
I’m not entirely sure what gave me the idea for this one. All I know is that I suddenly wanted lasagna, I knew I wanted to try it with cottage cheese, and the rest just unfolded based on what I had in my fridge. It was a very simple recipe (in my opinion), and I didn’t expect much from it, to be honest.
But wow. Even Mini Chef went back for seconds, and these days, that’s a serious compliment. I felt like doing the snoopy dance while he was out of the room.
More Healthy Lasagna Recipes
White Lasagna Recipe Card
Clean Eating White Lasagna Recipe
- 10 oz. package brown rice lasagna noodles (or whole wheat)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ¼ lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 32 oz. cottage cheese
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large head broccoli (finely shredded or chopped)
- Set the noodles to boil as per package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onions and garlic powder in the olive oil
- When the noodles are finished, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Now line a baking dish with the first layer of noodles.
- Then 1/2 the meat mixture, then 1/2 the broccoli, then 1 container of cottage cheese, then 1/2 cup parmesan, and then another layer of noodle.
- Repeat this layering process again and finish with noodles on top, sprinkled with the last 1/2 cup of parmesan
- Place in oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes, or until you can see the juices bubbling.
- Note that there may be a bit of liquid at the bottom of the dish when serving. This is normal
- When finished, cut into 12 equal portions.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes, then serve
- Top with a little extra parmesan cheese if desired.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!