These make a fantastic, quick dinner during a busy, back-to-school evening.
And the fun part for college students is, you don’t have to have a stove to make this. A coffee maker and a microwave will do just fine! Simply sauté the corn and onions with the oil in your coffee pot (it won’t be as thorough as a pan, but in a pinch…) and then finish the whole thing in a microwave!
And for those of you cooking at home, this is an easy way to feel good about the food you are putting on the table. Serve it with a side salad and your meal is pretty darn complete!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole grain tortilla
- 1/4 cup hand-grated cheese (I used jack and cheddar, mixed)
- 2 tbsp. black olives, sliced
- Serve with salsa
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS OR FILLINGS:
- Chopped, fresh tomatoes
- Fresh, chopped cilantro
- Avocado or guacamole
- Saute the onions and corn in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- While that cooks, warm your tortilla on the burner next to that, flipping once. Then place on your work surface.
- Spread the cheese over the tortilla, then layer on the onions and corn, and finally the olives and any other filling you wish to add. Tomatoes would be a good option.
- Return the quesadilla to the pan you sautéed the onions in and cook over low heat, flipping once or as needed, until the cheese is fully melted.
- Transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board, cut like a pizza, and serve with toppings of your choice.