As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This clean eating springtime breakfast casserole is perfect for your next breakfast or brunch!
With the spring holiday coming up, I’m starting to look at recipes that I can share with family. Recipes that travel easily and offer something a little different at the holiday table. I also wanted something that would hold up well in the freezer so I can freeze any leftovers.
When I started working on this recipe, it was supposed to be more of a baked Frittata. And while there may be some small similarities, this really is more of a breakfast casserole.
If you want, you can double the sweet potato. I just limited the amount because I’m watching my carbs. And if you want to cut back on fat, you can brown the meat in chicken broth instead of oil. Lowering the cholesterol is pretty simple too if you switch out half the eggs for egg whites (2 whites for every whole egg). So really, this dish is very versatile and can easily accommodate many dietary needs.
And because I know some of you will want to know… no, you can’t taste the coconut. I hope you’ll enjoy it!
More Healthy Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Springtime Breakfast Casserole Recipe Card
Spring Time Breakfast Casserole
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup light coconut milk (from a can, not a carton)
- 1 large red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup grated sweet potatoes
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- salt to taste for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Brown the meat in a skillet with the coconut oil.
- While the meat is cooking, prepare the rest of your ingredients and whisk together in a large mixing bowl.
- Oil a casserole dish (mine was 7×11) and put the browned meat on the bottom, spreading it out to make the first layer.
- Pour the egg and veggie mixture over that.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.