If you grew up drinking Slush Puppies (a.k.a. Slushies) then this is one recipe you’ll definitely want to try.
A fan on Facebook asked me if I could come up with a Slush Puppy recipe to help her get through the hot Canadian summer. Not being one to ever turn down a culinary challenge, I gave it a shot.
OMG! This is my new favorite summer treat! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how these turned out.
I used a Hibiscus Cooler juice blend that you can get at most health food stores (at least here in my area). But you could pretty much do any flavor you like as long as the juice is clean.
And it’s so easy to make!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING SLUSH PUPPIES RECIPE:
Clean Eating Slush Puppies
- 1 tray frozen juice cubes
- 1 tbsp. honey (or other clean sweetener)
- Freeze some juice in the flavor of your choice overnight in an ice cube trays (I make several trays at a time).
- Put the juice cubes and honey in a food processor (a blender may work as well, but in smaller amounts).
- Process or blend until you have a nice slush.