This clean eating chocolate banana ice cream is a delicious, dairy-free, soft-serve that isn’t really ice cream at all!
I have to tell you, this is one of the most sinful desserts I’ve had since starting my clean eating program. It was a recipe that Danica from DanicasDaily gave me at a blogger’s luncheon. If memory serves, she said her sister had passed it on to her.
If you like bananas, and you like soft serve ice cream, then this is the perfect dessert for you.
It’s soft, it’s fluffy, it’s cold and ice creamy. But guess what….
It’s not ice cream at all! (Shhh, don’t tell the kids! They’ll never know the difference!) It’s just bananas!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING CHOCOLATE BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE:
Clean Eating Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- 6 cups sliced bananas
- 1 cup milk (give or take)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. honey
- This is one of those recipes you have to start the day/night before. Slice your bananas into a container with a lid. Put in the freezer over night or until thoroughly frozen. It's important that they are completely frozen.
- Empty your frozen banana slices into a food processor. Add some of the milk along with the remaining ingredients and turn on your processor. Add more milk as needed to get the consistency you prefer.
- Note: You may need to stop the processor a few times and poke at it with a spatula just to be sure you got all the bananas blended. There are always a few rascals in there that like to hide.
- Also, this is NOT something you can put back in the freezer after making. This is strictly a make and serve dish. Freezing the finished ice cream turns it into something pretty yucky. So make it and eat it!
- Alternative: If you prefer, you can just do the bananas and milk with a splash of vanilla extract. It's very similar to vanilla ice cream, and you don't have to add any additional sweeteners like you do when you add cocoa powder.