These delicious pork fajitas are made easily from scratch with simple, easy-to-find ingredients.
I love Mexican food. The real, authentic, homemade stuff. You just can’t beat it!
As a kid, many of my friends were Latinas and I would walk into their homes and find the most wonderful aromas and food. They all had moms who stayed home and cooked, and the food was just phenomenal. And of course, they all fed me. I was happy as a pig in a blanket.
I grew up with these friends. In their homes, with their parents, and some of us are still good friends to this day. They were an integral part of my childhood and a huge part of the memories I made back then. Memories I’ll carry with me for the rest of my life.
But in all my years growing up, I had never had a pork fajita. This was recently brought to my attention and I had to admit that this was a gross injustice that needed to be remedied immediately. Sadly, I’m far from my friends these days, so I can’t tell you if this is even close to being authentic. But I can tell you it was downright delicious!
More Healthy Fajitas
Pork Fajitas Recipe
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 medium yellow onions (cut into slices)
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 2 lbs. boneless pork chops (cut into strips with fat removed)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- salt to taste
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro
- Using a large skillet, sauté the onions in the oil. You can caramelize them too if you have the time, but it's not necessary. Cook them until they are translucent.
- Add the peppers, pork and spices and cook until the pork is done.
- Top with fresh lime juice, a little salt and fresh cilantro with some guacamole on the side.