This peach cobbler recipe with almonds is a delightfully refreshing dessert you will enjoy alone or with friends and family!
I buy my agave at Costco. It’s a fantastic deal. And with those two bottles comes a little hang-tag that has a recipe on the back. A recipe for fruit cobbler.
Well, I just couldn’t let that one pass me by with all the peaches I have hanging around here at the moment.
And being the cook that I am, I just couldn’t leave the recipe alone. I just HAD to change it, add to it, and personalize it. I just cannot help myself. It’s a sickness really.
But the good news is, from my mental instability culinary creativity comes some really yummy recipes!
I should tell you that this recipe looks like it will be very time consuming. But the truth is, once the pie crust was made and the peaches were chopped, I put the whole thing together in under 10 minutes.
MORE HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPES:
WHOLE WHEAT PASTRY DOUGH RECIPE:
Whole Wheat Pastry Dough For Cobblers
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup oil (light flavored like grapeseed oil)
- 1/2 cup milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Knead all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Roll out dough on a flat work surface until it is no more than 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut 1/2 inch strips about the length of the casserole dish you will be baking the cobbler in.
- Lay the strips across the top of your cobbler both vertically and horizontally, allowing some holes in between the crossings.
- Bake to cobbler directions.
PEACH COBBLER RECIPE:
Peach Cobbler Recipe (With Almonds)
- 6 cups peaches (chopped or sliced, as you like)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp. arrowroot powder (or organic cornstarch)
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In your casserole dish, mix all filling ingredients together with a spatula.
- Weave your pastry strips "under and over" to cover the filling in your casserole dish.
- Using a pastry brush, brush your milk over the pastry.
- Sprinkle a light layer of cinnamon over the top of the cobbler.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. The filling should be nice and bubbly when it's done.
- Note: This recipe will use only about half the pastry dough. What a great time to make an extra cobbler for a friend!